Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday

Okay, okay, okay.......yesterday I didn't paint!........and I'm sure most people know what its like the day after a new years eve party. Thats not to say we went over the top, but I had to call it quit's when the single malt was brought out at 2:00 in the morning. Yesterday was a day of rest and re cooperation.

The piece I worked on today is something I did a while ago, but was never really happy with it..........so I attacked it and changed a few things around. Before, the steps curved off to the left in front of a wall. I put an arch through the wall and continued the staircase farther up the hill. Now I feel it has more intrigue, with the steps leading you farther into the piece. I'll bring the light and shade more into it and maybe put some red flowers on the right wall. A few figures at the top of the stairs might help also.

So from the bottom of my heart, I would like to wish everyone a happy new years moving into a new decade......just remember always look forward never back.

There is one phrase that has kept me going over the years, that I wouldn't mind sharing:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

Calvin Coolidge


signing off for now!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment