Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday


Here is a small 12x12 winter scene I did. Jim at the Mockingbird Gallery wanted a few snow paintings for a Christmas show. It could still use a little more contrast which I can work on tomorrow.

This afternoon I need to work on painting an old window on the front of our house. The bare wood had been damaged over the years by rain and snow. Normally one would just tear out the old window and put some newer high tech double pained, argon filled window in its place. But not here, the damn thing is over one hundred years old and I’ll do my best to preserve it. It’s all single pain with an R value of one, but nevertheless with the old wavy glass it adds character to the place. I just have to try and scrape off the old lead paint and prime it well. The window sill is made out of sandstone and seems to be flaking apart, so I’m not too sure how much I want to get involved with that ?

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment