Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday, Nov 15.

The Howard/Mandville Gallery had their miniature show last Saturday and low and behold I actually sold both pieces. “It’s going to be a Merry Christmas, Clarence!”, if you remember the line from “It’s a beautiful Life” with Jimmy Stewart.

And last Friday I got a call from Jim at Mockingbird telling me that a client has bought the last two Amsterdam paintings I had there on a lay-away-plan. She wanted them for Christmas, which I am jumping up and down for. Sure I’ll have to wait a bit before I get payed, but at least it is a sale.

The galleries have been on a roll lately and it would be great if they could keep going, but alas that would only be wishful thinking on my part. Unfortunately I can not use Newton’s theory of once an object is in motion it will stay in motion. I’m afraid the friction level of a recession will far exceed the kinetic energy of a few sales!

I spent today just touching up a bunch of different pieces, to many to show. I feel the need to get the rest of the Amsterdam pieces done and out to the galleries if they are selling.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment