Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday

You will notice that none of the kids broke their legs, although some of them really tried with the speed they flew off the jump. Here are a few shots from the wild world of sports.



It didn't really matter how much I yelled out to slow down, their minds were off someplace else. But I really think they had a lot of fun. On downhill skis this would be no problem, but with the cross country it's a different challenge all together with your heals not attached to the ski.

We did a few other games such as sharks and minnows, where I am naturally the shark and the kids all running off in different directions as I chase after them. It was more of a work out for me than them on that game! Handling ten kids can often be a little chaotic at best and its definitely something I wouldn't do as a full time job!

So Karin signed us both up for a doctors check-up at her hospital, you know the place where they examen the CEO's and look at everything from A to Z for an exorbitant price. Thank God, we don't have to pay that much just for the used car check-up service. This morning I had to go in for a blood draw and that meant no eating breakfast or coffee beforehand. So at 7:30 in the morning and half a sleep they stuck a needle in my arm and pulled out a few vials of blood. For me its a rude awakening before having my morning caffeine.


I worked more on the Hilltop village painting again today. I think the only thing I have left to work on now is the clouds, which I'll do tomorrow before the crit session. I keep wondering if some birds flying in the sky would help, it could add an interesting curve to the top half of the piece.


This is another painting I got back from the Mystic Gallery and I think the only thing I did to it was to lengthen the shorts on her and lighten up the front of the shirt she is wearing. I'll bring it also to the crit, but I have a feeling maybe it just needs a new try in a different gallery. I've had that happen before, where a painting will sit for a year at one place, but as soon as you send it off to a new gallery and new location it sell fast. So maybe I'll take it with me when I drive down to Scottsdale next week.

Richard Boyer



No comments:

Post a Comment