Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday


Ron sold this piece, but it turns out the clients didn’t like the figures in it……..so he sent it back to me to have them removed!

Personally I think it’s more empty now, so I added some light to the stones and threw a flowery plant in at the top. It helps a little, but still without the woman in there your eye does tend to race up the stairs. But, the client is always right and their wish is my command!

Well in a recession at least it is! I can’t really say no to a potential sale.

I also worked a little on the southern Utah piece here. From the crit session last night, they felt I needed a lighter left foreground. So I worked on the bank of the river and added some lighter values. Also more orange was put into the cliff at the back. I just need to get it down to Southam Gallery before Tuesday.

I’m leaving on a five day backpacking trip through Grand Gulch in southern Utah. We did a section of it last year and now are doing a stretch farther upstream that will take us out through Bullet Canyon.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment