Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday



Monday

We went painting at Smith Rock State Park today. I was thinking the weather might not agree with us from seeing it last night, but when we woke up this morning we saw blue sky out. We drove north for half an hour through Redman and soon enough we were painting down in the canyon with the morning sun. I did this one as some climbers worked their way up the wall to the left….I didn’t hear anyone yelling out to cut the rope, so I assumed it was a successful climb.


In the afternoon I met up with Bart Walker, another one of the artists in Jim’s gallery and we headed down into the canyon again for a view back in the same area where I was in the morning. Then I was back up against a dead tree, just some place to hang my umbrella from. Unfortunately it soon became a mangled mess from the wind. In the afternoon the clouds were rolling in, but I was able to get some of the light play on the rock before it became too overcast.


Tomorrow its up to the mountains for day two.


Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment