Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday


Yesterday we decided to tour “Slottsholmen”, maybe better known as Malmö Museum of culture and history. With non-stop rain it was a better option than driving along the coast. The forecast seems the same for today also, our last day here as another front moves through southern Sweden. According to the newspaper tomorrow should be sunny as we sit in a car for eight hours driving back to Östhammar. So #@%& typical !!!.

Well I have to see the trip this way, at least we had one good day on the beach in sunshine where I managed to squeeze off a painting and I did get plenty of pictures of Charlotte. She was the girl in the “Horse Whisperer” painting. Over two days where the sun would peek out behind rain clouds I managed to get her in different scenes with a variety of clothing; so now from 2000 odd pictures I should be able to find a few paintings to do. Most of the clan down here think I’m crazy any ways for taking so many, but what can I say, when you get it all back home in the dead of winter it never seems like you took enough images.

“To be, or not to be, that is the question:
 Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
 the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
 Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,”

Here’s an old Viking from the museum they found in the area.

The next picture is my son playing around in the exhibition about the Black Plague. They had a cart set up in a dark corner with a plaster cast of a dead body on it. He decided to enhance the effect a little.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment