Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday

I got a phenomenal response to yesterdays painting on my facebook page, something I never expected in a million years. Well okay I maybe exaggerating a little, but still I was amazed to see all that input. And I thank you so very much!

And some of you were right I did forget to put the shadow of the cross in, “my screw-up”; so I went back in it today and added one, at least just the hint of it, so as not to draw too much attention.

I’m sending this piece, as well as three others down to the May Gallery today. Come next Wednesday I will be driving down there for my show next Thursday night, Feb 24th. It will be fun to be back down in sunny Arizona weather. We have another snow storm arriving tonight with a few feet of valley snow predicted.

I pulled another older piece out and worked on it today. Two summers ago we were in Provence and did a small day trip up to this mountain top village. The town of Vachères was located far away from any tourists and made for a fantastic painting location. The lavender was in full bloom and almost ready to being harvested. The scent drifted through the air on the back of a soft breeze as I worked on the piece. This would be one of those towns I could live in for the rest of my life !!!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment