Thursday, August 19, 2010

Worked on number two today, one of those that we got rained out on !

I always make it a habit of having the camera ready, so I can shot boats that happen to stray into view. And that is exactly what I did in this case. I clicked about 30 pictures of these two boats going down the canal and under the bridge. Nicely enough, the sun happened to be out at this particular photo opportunity. So I used them in the painting.

I should add a word of warning about leaving your camera out; remember mine was stolen in Amsterdam from some scumbag. So now I have started hooking my open backpack to the easel leg with the camera just inside it. It takes a little longer to get it out, but I really don’t want to loose another $2000 object !

It was a little slow gong on the painting this morning. The studio was pitch black from thunder storms rolling over the house. Nothing like working on your painting when the light level drops to that of evening. It seems to have cleared out for the afternoon.

After the dinner tonight I'll bring the two Amsterdam works, two figure pieces and that larger evening painting to the crit.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment