Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday


We headed back to Skansen today with easels in hand, caught the early bus to avoid the crowds.


I did this little piece in the morning of a traditional house from Mora in Dalerna.  They used a lot of just raw log and wood construction with no paint to cover it up.  Unlike their neighbors to the south that used more plaster to cover everything and then paint on top.  While I was painting I met a lot of people including David Tanner, another artist from the States, who I had never met before.  He was touring around Sweden and had just been up at the Zorn museum. Robert Duncan was painting around the corner from me, so he headed over to say hello to him also. 


In the afternoon I worked on this piece from the rose garden, they had these stone sculptures there and I thought if John Singer Sergeant could do it, why not give it a try.  Okay I admit. I need more practice.  I’m a long way from being him, but it was still fun to try it.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment