Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday


I finished off the beach painting with the red umbrella and added a few figures for interest. The dune grass was fun to work on, it has a nice shiny surface when turned the right direction to the sun, which helps to make it more interesting to look at.

This next piece I had done for the gallery last year but the girls were in bikinis and of course it didn’t sell. As Linda from the Southam Gallery say’s, here in Utah you really need to cover up the skin! Actually it was down at the May Gallery in Scottsdale, but I’m sure the general population was thinking the same there as well.

So I put some cloths on them and made them more respectable!!!

Anders Zorn would have made them all naked; maybe I should just do that next time.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment