Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday


Southam Gallery called me today, anxious to get more paintings. I told them I was busy working on a new southern Utah river piece, which I can hopefully have done fairly soon. As long as I don’t screw up something along the way?

I worked a lot on it today, mainly the bare trees and bushes by the side of the creek. There are a lot of twigs that will add some character to the scene and then if I can introduce some light green buds to some of the branches it will have that nice early spring feel. That’s the great thing about March in southern Utah, the foliage starts to bud and you sense the coming of the warm weather. We have the crit tomorrow so I would like to get a lot more done on this so I have something to show.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment