Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday

It’s depressing; I didn’t make it into the Oil Painters of America show. Some friends of mine made it in, so I won’t be joining them on the trip to Denver in June for the show. That will be a major bummer as they say! These shows are always left up to some judges personal preferences, if they don’t care for landscapes, they don’t get in and so on. I thought the pieces were fairly strong, and was hoping at least one of them would make it in, but alas the reality is I will be staying at home for that show.

These were my two entries for what it’s worth!!!

Well today I worked on this figurative piece. I intend to work on a lot more until I get better at this career as an artist. Maybe I just need to get a thousand figurative paintings done before I see an improvement?

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment