Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday

I really wanted to start another figurative piece today, but with real life obligations, I am committed to do a European landscape painting. Southam Gallery is moving into a new location, after thirty some odd years of being in a small narrow box on a street surrounded with abandoned buildings. Yup, they are moving up in the world, right down from the brand new City Creek Mall on Main Street and there grand opening will have a European flair. This is where I come into the picture; they called me and are looking for some catchy new Brugge paintings. They seem to have luck with my European works, meaning that this painting will most likely sell, so it comes first, business before pleasure as they say. The new spot will really be nice and a step upwards in location.

I’ve just blocked-in a vertical of the late afternoon sun racking across the canal. So I shouldn’t really complain, after all, this one will be fun to paint.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment