Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday



I’ve been trying to build some of my own frames, at least struggling to learn how. Rule number one would be to have a miter saw that cuts at exactly 45 degrees and not 45 and a half. So now none of the corners fit together tight and its going to be a @#% pain to get them to work right, at least to be strong. I have a feeling I’ll need to break out the Biscuit Jointer and the Pneumatic nail gun to keep everything from breaking apart.

I remember a friend of mine who had a frame shop eons ago and he had a large table saw built to cut at only a 45 degree angle. Alas the business went under and the saw was sold off at auction. The cost of one of those babies is several thousand, so I am forced to work under less than perfect conditions here with this stupid carpenters miter.

I tried another Anders Zorn study with the four colors again with so, so results!

This is the original by Anders Zorn.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment