Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday

More time was spent on the water today. I wanted to establish the waves and some of the highlights on the water. The figures of course need to be painted in better tomorrow, but with the water all around them, it makes it a lot easier if at least that is finished off.


I omitted the beach, instead I'll leave it as very shallow water. I felt it might become a little crowded with sand in the very bottom of the painting and compositionally it wouldn't have helped much. With the water I can play around with the colors of the sand below, it will be a good excuse to bring some rich yellow ocher colors into the painting.

Today I am stopping early, since I need to take care of a few things before the big Thanksgiving dinner. Supplies have to be picked up, including the bird itself!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment