Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday


This morning I was back on to this painting, finishing off the masts in the background boats. I then moved on to the main warehouse. With so many windows I am finding that I need to taker my time and check constantly with the perspective to make sure I'm painting them all so they fall into place. If an angle is off on the architecture the whole building will look just wrong. There is some nice laundry hanging from some of the open windows; as well as potted plants. Once I get all that painted in, along with the masts of the boats in front; the building will seem less dominant.


Here is today's quick study. the lighting wasn't the best in the studio this late in the day. So maybe tomorrow I'll take another shot of it in the morning light.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment