Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday, March 31

Well my oldest son turned 21 yesterday. So in the typical irresponsible fashion of somebody just becoming legal age to drink, he and all his 21 year old friends went out to a bar at 11:55pm on Saturday.  The bouncer made him wait four minutes until midnight and then let him in.  I thought back to when I turned 21; I was outside of Utah working on a fishing boat up in Alaska, where at that time the drinking age was 18… C'est la Vie!


We woke up to snow this morning and grey skies.  Welcome back to winter!  With a stout cup of coffee I painted the center boat in today; still illuminated by the last rays of sun.  I'm thinking it might need another boat farther back to the left of it, just something to help with the composition. So I'll set it aside for a few days to think it over.


I missed doing the short studies over the weekend, there just seemed to be too much I had to do.  So today I did a little close up of our relative Charlotte in Sweden.

The Howard/Mandville Gallery came through with three sales…..yippi!!!

Potted Flowers 30x40

Lunch Time Cafe 24x36

and


this little 14x11 called "Church Wall"

So now they want some more works ASAP…looks like I might be busy.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment