Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday




This 24x36 painting the Southam Gallery had for a while and as they put it, it wasn't getting the interest.  So as the artist, I came with my tail between my legs, took it back and put it in the corner for several months to gather dust. 



Today I looked it over, blew it off and thought to myself, why not open the canyon up some more. Maybe it had a closed in feeling that was scaring off the potential buyer. So I took the preverbal jack hammer to the red cliff on the right and reduced that down so you could see more of the right side. The rocks in the lower right were also cleaned up and simplified. So now the viewer has a quieter foreground and feels like walking farther into the scene. Some of the back cliffs I also added more blue to give it that atmospheric effect. 

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment