Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday




There is another Oil Painters of America On-line contest that I would like to enter in. So I though I would start something I've wanted to paint for a while now. Several summers ago I photographed the relatives in the stream behind the family summer home in Sweden. And in keeping with the style of Anders Zorn, I asked them to take their cloths off !!!  Where else but in Sweden.

Now I just need to paint it like Zorn. This will mean keeping it loose and with some of the anatomy a little undefined. I blocked in the figures to the correct proportions and relationship to each other and then quickly threw in some background foliage. The water will be the fun part, especially if I can keep everything loose in the style.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment