Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday


I worked on a lot of paintings this morning from last nights crit session. I took notes and filled up two pages of small minor fixes to the works.  Most of them the average viewer wouldn't even notice, but the artist always can see it!


After that I was back on the painting of the girls bathing in the stream.  There were a few anatomical problems to deal with, as well as some flesh tone work.  The water I also played around with and brought in some of their reflections down into it.  The figured seemed to pop out almost too much against the green background, so I added some yellows and browns of dead grass to help balance the flesh tones of the girls.

And to top everything off, Ron from the May Gallery called again to say that he sold yet another smaller painting.  So far this season he has sold 21 paintings.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment