Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday


Yesterday we had Lina's fourth grade graduation. A large collection of screaming kids with noise makers will always be the right recipe for a end of year celebration.

I started working on a 24x36 boat painting. So today I blocked in mainly the sky and the base color for the water. Tomorrow I can bring some of the reflections down into the foreground and play up the highlights from the sun. I'll keep the boats all back light to create drama.

I cut up a bunch of linen several days ago, that I will be taking over to Europe. We leave the 27th of June.

From a large roll of linen I place down a piece of cardboard that is cut out to a 12x16 shape, trace around it with a pencil and cut it out leaving 3/4 of an inch all the way around so I have something to staple on to the side of the stretcher bar when I finally come back in August. This way I can take over thirty or so canvases nice and flat in my suitcase. I'll do the same for 11x14 and a few 14x18's. I also toned the linen with a wash yesterday so it will dry in time. This gives me something other than a glaring white canvas to paint on.


Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment