Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday


Yesterday I finished off the odd sized piece here from Colorado National Monument. And I have to admit it was a lot of fun doing something like this where you could just let loose a bit and not have to worry about perspective angles in buildings, or those pesky cars on the road. I think I'll apply this one to the Oil Painters of America Western Regional show if it gets in that is!


Today I started another odd shaped one for the Southam gallery here in Salt Lake. This one is 13.5 x 23 inches in size. A view of the Grand Canyon back when we ran the river in 2006. This area in Marble Canyon was one of the best for subject matter, the cliffs were straight up and the water was a deep green color.   hopefully tomorrow I can finish it off

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment