Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday


I made another odd sized masonite board to paint on today, a 20x33 which I really like with the elongated format. The board which I put gesso on makes it so I can push the paint around better with such a hard surface. The view is from Colorado National Monument near Fruita, just over from the Utah boarder along interstate 70. I've always thought the cliffs would make a nice painting, but held off on it when I thought about which gallery would want to have it. Its kind of a remote spot where they don't have too many visitors. But I figured what the hell, lets just have fun and try it. There is a Western Regional Oil Painters of America show in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, where I could enter the painting.  If it turns out okay!!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment