Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday

Its been raining here everyday for the past week. I've never seen grass grow so quick, the whole yard is this rich green color now,  as opposed to the yellows and browns under the normal parched Utah sun.


Today I started something that I wanted to paint. Last year we were part of an all expense paid trip down to Moab with Dave Strayer and the cognitive research scientists.  We decided to show then Sego Canyon on the way down and stopped by the one horse town of Thompson Springs along interstate 70. This long forgotten town still has a few diehard reidences but it lost its former glory after the uranium bust decades ago. This was the old train station and with the setting sun I thought it would make a great painting.

This is the block-in so I have another day or so on it still.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment