Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tuesday


I added a figure to this one. I felt with the lonely tracks it needed the solitary figure waiting for the train that will never come. The whole painting now becomes a bit more narrative with a potential story; why is she standing there at an abandoned station. I did have to work some on getting the tracks just right; that perspective can really be a nightmare. The tracks are still in use, its just the station is no longer a stop on the line, Thompson Springs has long been forgotten. So if you were to take the train from Salt Lake City to Denver, you would pass right by this location in the middle of the night!


After doing the one Grand Canyon painting I decided to try another. I did something similar to this many years ago for an art show they had called "Arts for the Parks" and it won an award. Doing it in a longer format was a nice change and I think it turned out well.  It will make a good companion to the other piece.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment