Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday


Here is step two on the May poll painting. I defined just the shape of the figures in relationship to each other. This way I can make sure the sizes of each person is correct, once that is done then I can start on the faces and other small detailed parts of the anatomy. There can be nothing worse than spending a lot of time on a face, only to have it in the wrong place. Then you’re left with the depressing thought of taking the pallet knife to it and scraping it off. So tomorrow I’ll work more on the back ground and that should help define better if the figures are in the right place.

We have the crit tonight, so who knows maybe they’ll feel everything needs to be moved over to the right an inch or two……it wouldn’t be the first time

I made a plane reservation today for the Oil Painters of America show up in Coeur d’Alene; actually I’ll fly into Spokane, Washington which is forty miles away. I just need to find how to get into town from the airport. It’s going to be a short trip, the night before we will be at my son’s graduation ceremony, then I fly out the next morning and need to be back again the following evening for his graduation dinner/party. But I think it will be good to get up there for the show and meet some of the other artist.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment