Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday

It was a light crit session last night. I only had one piece, Robert had three, Jeff, Sid and Carlie also had just one each. So as a result we were done early and as usual with wine the conversations began to drift. In this case a little on the religious side or as Bill Maher puts it “Religilious”.

I did present my pony piece here, and worked on the long list of criticizes this morning. The animal need mainly more contrast; my daughter with the apple in hand also needed some touching up. It could still use a little work with the apples on the ground, but that will have to wait until Monday.

The recession seems to be abating a bit now, well at least for me anyways. In the past few weeks the May Gallery has sold four works and Southam Gallery three. Now I know that I shouldn’t get my hopes up, next month or months might just be dry as a dust bowl. It seems to be the roller coaster life style of the typical artist.

Let’s just hope it continues in the right direction!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment