Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11


We did some cyber critiquing on this painting and another one I have. Carlie set up a facebook page for just the critter members where we can now just dump any image on and get a quick feedback. I think it’s a really good ides and might just help to get those problems resolved before you get too much into them. This piece has seen a lot of transformation. I’ve moving the entire head 90 degrees to the right so that now it’s facing forward and has more of a connection to the figure. I also lightened up the front side of the beast and defined a few of the muscles.

I was also working on the Coeur d’Alene trip for the OPA show. With the closest airport being 25 miles away in Spokane, transportation was a problem. It would appear they have no bus or train system to get me from the airport over to Idaho, my cheapest option was some taxi/bus service for $50 each way……forget that!

A quick search on “Hotwire.com” got me a car rental for $50 and a hotel for about the same price, now I can drive to the lovely, luxurious Motel Super 8 with breakfast included. I know it’s not the best hotel, but for one night I’m not going to be picky.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment