Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday

I was on the tech support line yesterday with Dell Computers. Seems like the weather in India is quite nice! No matter how many times my call was re-routed I would end up talking to some tech savvy guy with a heavy accent in New Delhi trying to understand my problem. Since I bought this new monitor I’ve been trying to get the image as large as possible on the screen. What's the point of having the tool bar and other surrounding junk taking up space where I could just have the image that I'm working from? So I was trying to find out if I could just get the picture to fill up the entire monitor by my easel.

For some odd reason they couldn’t figure out why I would want to do that. And after the third guy, they finally figured out my dilemma and told me the only way to do what I wanted was through PowerPoint. As an artist, of course I have the older model 2003, which lacks all the bells and whistles and naturally he couldn’t figure out how to do it.

I was just thinking that if I worked at the University, like some of my neighbors, I would be getting the latest updated computer every year!

Well I was back working on the “Horse Whisperer” painting today, trying to wrap it up. The monitor still showing the tool bar and everything else as a distraction.

I’ll bring the 30x24 to the crit session tomorrow and hopefully enough wine will get them to drop the inhibitions and say “the cold hearted reality” that every artist dreads to hear.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment