Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

This morning we were inundated again by snow. A fast moving front came through and dumped about 3-4 inches and now they are saying it will all be through the state by late afternoon with a chance of sunshine. Well we have skate skiing this afternoon, so I shouldn’t complain. They need the snow up at Mountain Dell where they have the tracks.

Ron from the May Gallery called yesterday, telling me that they had sold a painting, my mind of course started racing along with the thoughts of a large, very expensive painting. Those notions were dashed against the rocks. It was only a small 11x14; or as Jim Peterson from the Mockingbird Gallery calls it “Lunch Money!” I’m hoping next time they call it will be with news of something more substantial, something I could use to pay off the mortgage!!!

Like that would ever happen!

I worked on something new today. I did this piece first as a 12x16 and thought it would make a good 24x36. Without the architectural problems of Amsterdam, this one feels simple and fun. Something I can get done in a relatively short amount of time. This is only the block in stage and I’ll see if I can finish it off on Thursday.

Right now its time to shovel the driveway.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment