Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday


I started a little more gritty painting yesterday; The 8th South bridge under I-15.  Its a subject I wanted to try for a while. And the trick is to keep it exciting with the paint quality, most underpasses are not the most attractive subjects to paint. So I need to keep it abstract in a way.


We had the crit session last night and they suggested more color in places. So this morning I lightened up the cement in the foreground and added the train lights, along with a few more cars and people. With the addition of that there seems to be more to look at under the bridge.  Now I need to photograph this in a better light, instead of in the studio; but that will have to wait until the morning. I find the light is a little softer then than the strong afternoon light for copy work.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment