Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday


I needed break from the other San Francisco piece, so I put that aside and started this 24x24 of Portland.  I liked the stormy sky in this one with the lights of the train coming down the road. I'll need some cafe lights either right or left of the road, so those will come into the next painting session.  The other painting I was getting tired of, things were not working the way I wanted them to with the reflections. That told me the best plan was to set it aside for a few days and look at it agin with a fresh eye. Who knows maybe working on this one will give me ideas for the other?


Yesterday they had the fifth day on the Tour of Utah bike race. This race is gaining in popularity with more and more countries entering in the event, similar to the Tour de France. This stretch was around the Avenues, where we live. All the roads were closed from 4:30 - 7:00 in and out of the Avenues so they could race around us in a big loop. The course was set up with some steap hill climbs and fast downhills. Seven times around was equal to 55 miles and so far its Canada in first. 

Today is the big race from Park City up over Guardsman's pass at 10,000. feet then down big Cottonwood Canyon and up Little Cottonwood Canyon. The course is 110 miles with a total elevation gain of 13,000 feet: not for the faint of heart.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment