Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday



I started another 14x12 city painting on Saturday and somehow was just not happy with it, no matter what I added. You'll notice the two figures on the left crossing the street didn't seem to fit in and I couldn't figure out why. So I put it aside for a day and hit it again this morning.



Thats when I realized it didn't have a good composition, just a little too much everywhere I thought. So I moved the figures over to the right side where the taller building was and punched up the lights behind them so they would stand out more. Now it seems to work better. There is more on the right side with a stronger vertical. The street light on the left gives a better counter balance to the painting. The sky I also lightened up more so the eye moves around the painting better. And for those star gazers, that's Venus and Mercury in the sky.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment