Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday

We had another figure painting session at Rick Graham's last night, 30 minute poses with the model. A very humbling experience. You try and capture as much information as possible with the paint brush, a rather daunting feat and sometimes next to impossible. The exercise basically teaches you to look at the big picture, capturing the gesture, correct form, color and value of the model. Any detail you have to throw out the window. My four attempts, not worth posting on the site, sorry!!


After the session we had our crit evening and I brought out a few pieces. this one needed some more work which I did this morning. I added more color to the sand and also introduced a few figures in the background. Now I feel your eye leads through the painting better.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment