Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday


Last night they had the Santa Lucia festival at the McGillas School.  The kids are all part of the event, singing and walking around in a row with candles to celebrate the swedish holiday. For me its a good time to see old friends, seems like with our busy lives you just don't see enough of each other. So its good to have this yearly event that forces us to gather together. I just wish it was more often.


This 18x24 I finished off today. Last Thursday I blocked it in rather fast and liked the way it was looking with the loose brush strokes. The next day I painted the boat and worked on the lilly pads and it seemed to come together rather nicely. This morning I added some flowers and punched up a few areas with some more intense color. 

Southam Gallery told me they had a client interested in a water painting without a figure. I really liked doing this subject and can see it in a much larger format.

Richard Boyer


No comments:

Post a Comment