Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, Sept. 15

Well I worked more on this one today. The arm on my daughter needed some more defining, it came across as too long. So through some subtle value changes I showed more of the back, none of which comes across from the photo…You can never win with the exposure. The foreground water lilies I also painted in more variations in the color, bringing in some purples and violets. Up at the top the background grasses I opened up a little on the left so it wouldn't be a wall of growth by the shore.

This small 11x14 I also changed out the boat on the right. That ferry boat I had just didn't seem to sit right in the water, with a square bow it looked too odd. So I changed it out for a different boat that seems to fit much better.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment