Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday


Yesterday I got a letter with check from Tom at the Berkley Gallery in Warrenton, Virginia, he sold this 18x24. The client was there in traffic court with his son down the street, so not in the best of moods. But he saw the painting in the window and came in, maybe he needed something to cheer himself up, maybe he had his son pay for it!  Any ways I am grateful he sold it and hoping there will be more to come. 



So today I started another 18x24 for the gallery, similar subject matter.  This is from our trip to Sweden this summer. As the sun was getting lower in the evening sky I sent out Lina and her cousin Sofie in an old wooden boat. The light was absolutely beautiful, so if the smaller version of this turns out, I would love to do a bigger one.

Time for lunch now and off to the duplex again, I'm painting the ceilings in the north half and insulating around some skylights in the open loft area.


Richard Boyer


No comments:

Post a Comment