Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday




Today under gloomy overcast skies I finished the painting more or less off.  I have the crit session tonight so I am sure they will find errors here and there; but overall I am feeling pretty good about it. It will need a little more fine tuning over the next week or so; this is where I put it as side and look at it with a fresh eye after several days.  I did add pallet knife in the background to give the painting more texture and worked on the hands and book today.

We now have snow in the mountains from this front that blasted through, actually we will have three days of unsettled weather. The temperatures dropped a good twenty degrees since last week and now there is snow down to the 7000 foot level.  We are at 4800, so its just a matter of time!!! 

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment