Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday



Tonight is the Southam Gallery "30 Year Anniversary Show" and yes, the artists will be there.

So I dropped off a few works yesterday so they could get them hung and ready for the big event.  But, there is always a but when the artist goes into the Gallery; I was given a few pieces to take home!

This one I was told gave the viewer a closed in feeling, trapped in the gorge as it were.

 

So this morning I took out the paints and played the roll of the all mighty, changing around the geological history a few million years and pushed back the canyon wall a bit, also eroding some of it down so one could see the sky.  Now hopefully the viewer will feel more open space!


I sent an image off to them and hopefully they will want to re-try it now.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment