Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday


My head hurts, which is usually the case when you get a bunch of artists and gallery owner together.  I had to leave the house I was staying at since it was being rented out to somebody over the weekend.  So now I’m at one of the clients guesthouse from the gallery with the artist Steven Lee Adams.

Last night we invited several other painters and Jim Peterson over for libation until the wee hours of the morning talking about art. What a surprise!

Yesterday was the due date for all plein air paintings. Throughout the afternoon most artists were dropping off their works. Today they will be hung on the wall for the show tomorrow.


I did one last piece from Devil’s Lake with Craig Zuger on Wednesday. We set up along the shallow shoreline, which was frozen with a tin layer of ice. A sign that fall is coming to the Cascade Range.  The surface was like glass and one could see the bottom clearly out in the middle of the lake.  I felt with water that smooth, I had to put a duck in there to help break it up a little.


Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment