Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday


We made our reservations for Sweden, one of those nightmares with the prices and trying to do it on-line to get the best rates. The problem is when you play tag team with one adult going earlier with the kids and the second adult picking up the tail end with the kids, the on-line booking freaks. It sees two kids flying home with a different adult and just gives you constant error signals.  So I had to call up “Expedia”, talk to one of their lovely representatives in India, make our complicated reservation, only to have the line go dead and loose all the information. One hour down the drain, I was pissed to say the least.

So I called them up again and told them their telephone system was incompetent, another gentleman from India told me,  “It will not appen again mister Boyer, you will please give me your email address so I can contact you if we are cut off again!”

After another hour, thinking the telephone would go dead at any moment from their end, we had the reservations secured.  And are now in the poor house.  Bill Gates didn’t come through in our time of need!


Well today I worked on some figures from an older painting, a painting that was rejected from the recent Oil Painters of America show.  So with my tail between my legs I decided that maybe, just maybe it needed more contrast and richer color.  So I am going to re-paint the entire thing and see what happens.



Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment