Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday


Here’s my result from the model session last night, just a quick 16x12 sketch in oil. On the whole I think everyone in our group did a good piece!

Some progress is coming along on the boat painting. I worked on the water lilies today which added a lot to the composition. It gives the eye something more to look at than just the girl in the boat. I was working wet in wet and what happens when you try painting green on top of orange is that it can get a little muddy when mixed. So I’ll have to go back over some of the greens tomorrow which will pop a few of them out more. And as somebody commented I did add the oars back in!

Now I just need to figure out the boat interior more and the figure.

Now it’s time to head up into the mountains to do a little track skiing!

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment