Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday

Three paintings I re-worked today


This first one I put more red in the horse and lowered the belly of the beast as well. It was intersecting with the girls waist and made for a strange convergence of lines. from her sleeve the horse belly and her dress.


This second 24x36 I re-worked many of the figures and added the girl to the right in the shadows. The painting needed a vertical figure in there to the right to balance.  A few areas I blurred out a little, especially down in the lower right. I also added a some flowers here and there to bring some interest in a few areas.


This third 30x40 I added more flowers and maybe a bit more color to the shutters and potted plants.

All three I'll send up to the Howard/Mandville Gallery. 




Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment