Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday



We had the crit session last night and with the kids out of school for the summer, I was able to sleep in from being up until one in the morning.



I did do a few changes to the large 60x40 inch painting. The house down at the bottom I added more purples to the shadow side, which sets off better against the yellow of the vineyards. Some of the grape vines I also raised in height to break up the rows and also darkened down the cyprus trees a little more. 

Lets see what my client thinks of it now.



This little painting that I did on the last river trip was also finished off.  Paul Atchley, a professor at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, was on the trip with his wife Ruthann (also a professor at the same institution) and they fell in love with the painting.  I just had to get it back to the studio here to add the raft and let it dry a bit. 



Now on to some good news. Southam Gallery called me up yesterday and told me they sold this 24x30 painting I did of Charlotte carrying a basket in the dunes. 



And, I'm not finished yet, they also most likely sold this large 30x40 of the mountain top village "Gordes" in Provence. They have a client that has it on hold until he gets into town to look at it and there is another couple also wanting it.

Richard Boyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment