Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday


I feel honored today, an email came in from the director of the Coos Art Museum’s in Coos Bay, Oregon that I received an award from the 19th Annual Maritime Art Exhibition.  The show was last weekend, but I was unable to make there. It is a long drive for just the weekend, but I do remember doing it once. They put on an excellent dinner and it was good to meet all the artists. Dutch Mostert who I painted with the last time I was there, also one an award.




This was my entry “Duty Roster on the USS Constitution” which won the “Port of Coos Bay Award”  Now the prize isn’t enough to buy a new car, but to pay for a nice dinner, no problem.  So I do feel good that I actually won something, validating my existence as an artist.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment