Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday


We had the crit session last night, a rather light session since a few members are off on vacation.  These sessions seem to really thin out in the summer.  I’ll be gone at the end of next also, so that might be the final nail in the coffin. 


I finished off the 24x36 boat painting of Stockholm harbor for the Southam Gallery, now it just has to dry a bit before putting it in the frame.  In about two weeks I’ll be back over there at the exact spot. It is after all one of my favorite areas to paint in.  I just hope the weather over there will improve; grey dark clouds make for depressing paintings.




I also rearranged a few things in this 12x16 beach painting; mainly adding a few extra figures and some more sand underneath the red umbrella.  Now for me at least it looks more inviting.

There is going to be the last push over the weekend and next week to get a few more done before I leave.  Jim at the Mockingbird has put in a request for a couple of 12x16’s of the area around Bend, Oregon. The pressure is on now, I’ll just have to see how many I can get done.


Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment