Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday, Jan. 20



Well the May Gallery gave me a loud resonating "No!" when I asked them about adding a few prostitutes to the painting.  Ron felt that might scare away the prospective buyer!  As the artists I find it always fun to push the boundaries a little; but in this case I would have most likely gotten the painting sent back to me several months later!

Okay being the gallery owner I am sure he knows best. So I re-painted and re-designed the right side of the street; adding a flower stand with shop owner. The main figure walking in on the left side was also changed. I took an image from one of the Swedish relatives and used her; now it is much more appealing with a better lead-in to the sun drenched background.



Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment