Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday


It's my birthday today, "another day older, another day deeper in debt", as the song goes! I guess when you get to my age you wish these damn birthdays would just go away and never happen.  But life goes no and there is nothing I can do about it. 

To celebrate Bastille Day I have some close neighbors organizing a party for me this evening. Along with the country of France, we too will be raising our glasses.



The day before yesterday I started a 24x36 of Wilson Harbor in Western New York, this view I saw with my parents as they showed me the shore of Lake Ontario. And with Southam Gallery on a roll here I figured they could use a new larger boat painting. So I started a loose block in of three boats.



Today I defined the hulls more as they meet the water. One of the key points to a successful painting is how accurately one can capture the angles of the hull as it meets the water and also the top deck. It basically has to be right on or else it will look odd with the boats not sitting well in the water.

Richard Boyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment