Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday


This painting I've been tweaking a little here and there. I finally lightened up the foreground and added more warm colors to much of the right side. there is no rush on this piece, its just back up for inventory.  I'm trying to find a new gallery in Southern California someplace. I thought LA would have been nice but there only seems to be modern art galleries or those that specialize in "Intilation Art". What I mean by that is a bunch of cardboard boxes, spray painted black with rebar pushed through them...not something the average home owner would put in his living room, but maybe some large office building trying to have that avant-guard look. 



I also started up another 40x40 areal view painting. This just so happens to be San Francisco at around 8000 feet.  I build a masonite  board mounted on 1x2's to add stabilty, then primed it with gesso. This will be a fun piece to work on.

Richard Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment